Can your friends and family guess the secret ingredient of these tasty, moist muffins? (...it's spinach)
Servings: 18 muffins
- 2 c strawberries
- 2 large bananas
- 2 c baby spinach, packed
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the muffin pan with paper cups.
- Thoroughly puree the strawberries, bananas, and spinach in a food processor.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, egg, oil, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the pureed mixture to the bowl and stir together.
- Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter, and then bake the muffins for 35 minutes (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
Strawberry Butter Ingredients
- 1 c strawberries, hulled
- 2 sticks butter
- Puree strawberries with butter in a blender or food processor. Spread on muffins.