Caring for Mint
Uses for Mint
Mint has many uses in the landscape as well as its edible uses. Here are just a few ways you can use and enjoy mint plants:
- Mint can be used as a groundcover and adds fragrance to an area without flowers.
- Place where people relax, near a deck or patio, where the fragrant foliage can be enjoyed.
- Create a mint “garden” by growing different mint varieties in individual containers and displaying them together as a group.
- Mint makes a lovely garnish for a beverage, dessert or dinner plate.
- If allowed to flower, the blooms are sure to attract bees, butterflies and other beneficial pollinators.
- The leaves can be dried and stored to be used later in teas and potpourris.
Popular Mint Varieties
Don’t let your herb plants go to waste when freezing weather arrives, learn how to preserve them. You can enjoy the flavors of summer all year round with our tips on harvesting and preserving herbs.